We work closely with our local councils, through the Gateshead Health and Wellbeing Board and Newcastle City Council Wellbeing for Life Board.
We regularly involve the community and voluntary sector who provide an important voice for patients, and invaluable insight into the health challenges faced by local people.
Health and Wellbeing Board
We are a key partner in Newcastle’s Wellbeing for Life board and Gateshead Health and Wellbeing Board which has been established to transform the way health and social care services are commissioned and to improve the health and wellbeing of the local people.
To find out more, visit:
Healthwatch is the independent champion for people who use health and social care services.
Run by local people and groups and independently supported, the role of Healthwatch is to find out what people want, monitor local services and use their powers to hold health and social care providers to account.
You can find more about Healthwatch in your local area by following these links:
We work in partnership with local public health teams. They are responsible for the planning and integration of health and social care services.
Our CCG has been backed by Gateshead Council and Newcastle City Council, reflecting our the many shared challenges we face in our community
Some of our partners
To improve healthcare, wellbeing, promote preventative care and reduce inequalities across the region we engage with a wide range of health and social care partners including:
- NHS England – who commission primary care (from doctors, dentists, opticians and pharmacists) and specialised services
- Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tyneside Community Services
- Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- North East Ambulance Services NHS Foundation Trust
- Newcastle and Gateshead Councils
- Local universities
- The voluntary and community sectors